We've had an eventful year. We've had a hard year. We've had a year full of blessings.
I don't know where to start. We're nearing the end of the year, and lately I've realized how truly blessed we are. I know we are not doing all of the things that we should be, that we make mistakes. I am continually grateful for all that the Lord blesses us with anyhow. How could we possibly think He ever owes us?
We finally moved from our manufactured home this year after trying at least half a dozen times to buy, build or move our home. We bought a home in our ward. It is an old home- 25 ish years. It is not our dream home, but it is where we are supposed to be. Where I want to be. I am so grateful for our ward (and those good friends that aren't in our ward anymore) and how loved we feel. Our friends take such good care of us.
Eric changed companies this year with the hope that there was a lot of potential with a smaller company. We went to Florida, where Eric worked VERY hard. Things didn't turn out the way we'd hoped. Let's just say that this year was a good learning experience. I am not sure yet what the blessing here is, but I'm sure in time I'll know.
I am grateful for a husband that is a good provider. He never only has one thing going. In fact, I harrass him that he has too many irons in the fire. In reality, he is always making bridges, keeping his options open. He has people in his past that would hire him in a moments notice because of his ethics and abilities. He has gone back to one of those and I know he will do his all to make this year what he hoped last year would be.
I am blessed to have wonderful family, who come to my aid continually. I only hope that I give back as much as they have given to me.
I am grateful for a testimony building experience. One that I think, I hope, our kids will remember. After this hard summer and a company that wasn't exactly fair with us, we've had a hard time making ends meet. We got a bit behind on tithing when the money that came in only almost covered owed bills. I'll be the first one to admit that I didn't have the faith to pay. I just couldn't see a way that it could work out. Eric wasn't exactly aware of where we were. After talking it over, we decided with his next check we'd get current. I figured we'd make it through the end of the year, but I wasn't sure how we'd make Christmas. We did it anyway.
Two days later there was an envelope on our door. Our names printed on the outside and no name on the inside. It was a Christmas card and it contained about an 80% match of the tithing we'd turned in. I was overcome. I couldn't believe that someone could be so generous, so in-tune. We have no idea who it was, or even who it could be. It really wasn't a small amount of money, and really, in the world right now, no amount is a small amount. We probably never will know. One thing I do know, however, is that truly the Lord will open a window and pour you out a blessing. How quickly the He wants to bless us, even when He knows I failed for a time. His arms are always open.
I am so grateful for the gospel in my life. I am certain I am who I am because of it. Because of goodly parents who taught me. I am grateful for the YW that I teach and how much I learn from my calling. I am grateful for my Savior who makes up the difference for my weaknesses. I am grateful I can have my mistakes erased because of Him. I know He lives and that I have the opportunity to live with Him again, if I do my part. Not so hard, yet so overwhelming! I am grateful for a living prophet that guides us today. I am grateful for this Christmas season that has brought me to this place now. I am grateful for the peace I feel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Amy, thanks for sharing that testimony & such a personal story. It helped me to realize the blessings that I do have instead of focusing on what I don't. Thanks for your friendship!
You are amazing Amy! I'm sitting here, my boys wrestling and fighting on the floor and I feel the spirit so strongly reading your testimony that I'm crying. I don't think Michael has yet seen me do that cause he's looking at me, touching my tears and giving me loves. Thank you! I LOVE YOU!!!
Post a Comment