A few weeks before Thanksgiving, our nieghbor (the 2nd counselor in our ward) came over to ask us if we would do the Christmas Program. We said yes, of course, but we were hesitant. It is a big day. We've had some great ones in the past. They didn't give us really any guidelines. They said that with the talent in our family, they wouldn't complain about hearing from everyone.
We had about 6 weeks to prepare and I got started right away, though it sure seemed that it all got rushed at the end anyhow. I found a program I liked and tweaked it a bit. I arranged a few musical numbers. The Primary sang "Away In a Manger", a group of YW and ladies sang "Guard Him, Joseph", and our family sang "Angels We Have Heard on High". Then we sang 4 songs with the congregation. Eric and I had some narration throughout, and though I felt like I read a lot, I think it went well. The spirit was strong, and I was grateful for the opportunity to prepare so much for Christmas. This was a great holiday season for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wish I could have been there. I'm sure it was wonderful. Very cute background by the way!!
I loved it! Thanks for letting me participate. Love the new background.
I'm sure it was awesome! You guys were always so good with music & it doesn't surprise me that you were put in charge! Cute pictures of all your Christmas & I love the one where you just left the tree on your daughter! I'm sorry but that is too funny! I would have probably done the same thing but just to teach her a lesson! My little Liza is a feisty little girl too! We call her viscious baby! All in good fun of course! I know I'm mean too!
Post a Comment