It's nearing 3 months since I last wrote. I've been lazy. Eric left for California the beginning of February, so I guess, really I've been busy.
Funny things my kids say...
As a family we've read scripture books made for kids, not too much from the actual scriptures. Last night we were reading from the Book of Mormon, each of the 3 oldest taking turns. They did so good. After we got done, Makelle asked if Jesus made up words too.
Scriptures definitely have different words than we are used to. I think it was firmament that convinced her! So cute!
Paige has really budded in the last month as far as talking goes. It is one of my favorite times in toddlerhood. Some of my favorite things she says:
~Messh--mess
~yes is yes, but wup is yep
~When you tell her you love her, she automatically, sometimes even before you finish, says "bye".
~HUH-huh-- uh-huh (as in yes) It's hard to really make that one cute in writing 'cause of the way she emphasizes it.
~She is very observant. She hears busses and big trucks outside and is so very interested. She loves to look for things she knows as we drive. My favorite is a random high-pitched "Neeeeigh" fom the back seat.
~When Eric calls, she usually has the standard conversation with or without him. Last night he was still saying "Hello" while she had already moved on to "good" in response to the usual "How are you?" question he asks. I totally laughed!
~Eww, groo-- ew, gross. Though in the last day or so, she's gotten the SS on the end. Even cuter!!
~She is continually hearing her older brothers and sister spell and read out loud. It is so cute when she mimicks them "E-O-E-O-E", or tells a story. She looks at you so intently and proceeds. I'm sure it's so important, I just wish I understood!
Tyler has lost a little weight, which the Dr was concerned about. Consequently, I've been trying to load his meals up with calories and fat. Yesterday morning when I was complaining about Pop-tarts (which I kick myself for buying) being the breakfast choice, he responded with "But mom I need to gain pounds!!" I don't even think I said anything about it. Kids are so observant.
Weeks ago, my sis was taking Makelle to dance. Kelle noticed her yellow pocketknife on her keychain. Her comment was "Hey, my mom has a pink straw-cutter!" Julie's 5 year old, Scott followed up with "Yeah, and grandpa has a red one!" Guess my hard working pocket knife, used for many jobs in the past, really has been reduced to mom (and grandpa) jobs. I don't remember the last time I used it for anything but straw-cutting. :)
Paige has recently noticed how dirty with sock lint her little tootsies get after a busy kid day. She is much older that Makelle was when she became obsessed with cleaning her toes. The funniest thing about it is that it absolutely grosses Paigie out! I have never seen a kid as young with such a look of disgust. I was harrassing her a little and asked her to clean out my toes (which when I think about it, really was a gross thing to do!), she couldn't even do it. She would shudder and shy away. I wish I could get it on video, or at least a picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for making me laugh! Your kids are the cutest!
That toe thing is so disgusting! My mom would pass out just reading it. I think she has a phobia. Your kids are hilarious!
It's about time Amy! How can I keep up with you if you only update your blog every 3 months (that was me calling the kettle black, or however it goes!) I love your kids and miss them so much... when are we going to play?!?!
Post a Comment