Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pinewood Derby

So, my intents didn't do well. I was going to take pictures all the way through the creation of the derby car, but (can I use the excuse?) I'm a busy mom! Anyhow, this was the end result of Conner's first car. He and Dad had fun making it, and I liked helping it get painted just right. 26 is Kyle Corver's (of the Jazz) number. He's not Conner's favorite, but all his favorites have odd numbers and he wanted an even one. So funny!

The kids had so much fun! We could hardly keep Tyler back. A year and a half is going to be so long! He wants to be able to go with Conner to scouts now!


On our trial run down the track, the car stopped about 2/3 the way down. I was embarrassed for Conner, but I don't think he even worried about it. We got more graphite on it and rolled it around. There were 12 kids and each one did 4 races with different cars and on different lanes. Then they took the top average time. CONNER WON! We couldn't believe it. What a fun night!

No comments: