Saturday, November 1, 2008

Amy's Boston Trip

I surely am not as good as others at keeping up to date, which I know is annoying for those that are following. For that, I am sorry.

I did have some excitement this month. Eric surprised me with a trip to Boston to visit my sister Kari. I went by myself for a whole week. It was so fun. Eric did a great job as Mr. Mom and I don't think the kids even missed me.



This is a door to one of the basement houses. I'd hate to live there! This one has a plaque that says "Beware of Guinea Pig" in Spanish.


This is a tribute to all those who have died fighting this war. These are dogtags for each one.



We walked around Fenway Park the night they won their (first) do-or-die game. When we were there it was 5-0 Tampa Bay. The fans were quite somber, not much going on. At least not as much as usual, according to Kari. We left after only a few times around the block. It was after we got home they pulled it out and won 7-8. We could hear the cheering from her house.




I was able to go the Boston Temple for a session. It was a beautiful temple (aren't they all?) with it's blue stained glass.







This summer we discovered the book "Make Way for Ducklings" by Robert McCloskey and loved it. It is set in Boston and at the end it said there were statues of them in the public garden. Kari made sure to take me there and show all the other places from the book. It is hard to get a picture of the ducks alone, so I settled for this one of all the ducks with some cute kids.




We went to Salem, which was fun with Halloween nearing. We walked around and saw this and decided it made a great photo op! We also got our picture take with a bronze statue of Samantha from Bewitched, but it was too dark to see well.



After visiting Salem, we took a commuter train back to Boston. It was awesome. I got a ticket that got punched numerous times (think Polar Express) by this cute conductor. I think I made his day when I asked for his picture.




We went on the Duck Tours. We got to ride in an amphibious vehicle designed after the ones used at Normandy. This was our tour guide, Paul Reverse. He was super-cute! Kari has been on 5 tours and said he was definitely the best. We did a lot of fun things on the trip, but this was probably my fave!



This is Kari and I in front of the Henry Wadsworth Longfellow house. The tour guide here was also very good. He quoted lots of Longfellows poetry. We also visited Louisa May Alcotts house. Boston at this time of year was beautiful. The trees were so brilliant. Utah's colors are drab in comparison this year.


This is Bradford, one of the 2 boys Kari takes care of. He is so absolutely adorable. He has a fun sense of humor and the cutest smiley face. He made it much easier to be away from my family. Kari does so good with those boys. They respect her and obey her because she expects them to. Oh that I could be as good with my kids!

1 comment:

Cody and Haylee said...

Your pictures are so cute and the commentary of the trip was worth the wait!!! LOVE YOU!