Friday, April 17, 2009

Tyler's Birthday


I never knew what a pain it would be to have a baby the beginnig of April. As a family, we tend to celebrate birthdays on the weekends. Tyler's birthday is April 5th. This is hard because the first weekend of April is always General Conference. It makes getting together with both sides of the extended family difficult. Also, with Easter around the same time, we also run into problems there. We end up celebrating it twice. He is yet to have a friend party, again for the same scheduling reasons. What a great mom I am!!





This year I felt a big need to make a BIG deal out of his birthday. I stayed up late Saturday night decorating his doorway and hallway so he could feel special first thing. He woke up early that morning and climbed into bed with me mumbling something. He thought his stuff looked so cool! I'm glad he liked it!




;)



New skateboard!

Scripture case

Star Wars transformer
from Grandma and Grandpa

Tyler chose what kind of cake he wanted. We did a chocolate cake with chocolate pudding on top and throughout. We added gummy worms and "dirt" on the top. We loved it! Not only was is cute, but it tasted super-yummy!

The following weekend, Eric came home to surprise us and be home for all the Easter goings on. It was fun. We had an Easter party at his family's house and had another cake for Tyler, as well as celebrating Paige and my birthdays. We had so much to accomplish and stuff to take, I couldn't find the camera. We didn't get any pictures of the hunt or cake or gifts. Argh!!



1 comment:

Cody and Haylee said...

Way good job decorating Am! I know he felt so special waking up to that!!! How's he doing on that skateboard?